Certified Sisterlocks Consultant UK, and Aromatherapist offering Holistic Hair care for multi-textured hair. Our service is fully personalised and designed to nurture, nourish, pamper and protect every strand of your hair - whether loose or locked. We actively promote the use of natural products and wellbeing therapies to meet the needs of each client.
Aloe Vera is widely thought to condition hair strands and help promote shine and moisture - some even claim that it helps to prevent hair loss and dandruff!
At Almocado Naturals we use aloe in many of our products - it's the back bone of our popular hydrating moisture mists (available in Coconut, Sandalwood, Peppermint and Cherry)!
If you have an aloe plant in your garden - here's how you can use it to make a quick hair treatment.
1) Cut 2 or 3 large leaves from your plant. The thicker the leaf the more gel there'll be to work with.
2) Use a sharp knife to carefully separate the green skin from the jelly-like insides. The yellow sap produced when you cut is actually quite bitter - you may wish to let that run off first or you can wipe t into your hair using the skin of the leaf.
3) Cut the jelly into chunks. You can either place this in a blender to make it into a puree or you can use it as is: crushing each piece into your hair as you go.
4) After shampooing (or a good sea bath where hair is saturated with water) - massage the jelly into your hair, making sure that the hair is saturated from roots to tips. You can apply a hot oil or conditioner if you like as well.
5) Cover with a cap and leave for 5 mins (or longer if you like)
6) Rinse thoroughly (make sure you get all the bits out if you didn't puree the jelly) and continue with your regular hair routine.